Watch the video
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35
“Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?”
Jesus answered: “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.’ This is the first
and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one.
And it is, ‘Love others as much as you love yourself.’ All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets
are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
1. How do you feel about people like bullhorn guy?
2. Are people like bullhorn guy hurting the general perception of Christianity? What things other than bullhorn guy negatively impact the perception of the Christian faith?
3. Bell says: “I mean, that’s why so many of us are so fascinated with Jesus, because he never stops insisting that God really, really loves us exactly as we are. I mean, isn’t that what draws you to him?” What draws you to the message of Jesus?
4. “When Jesus is asked, ‘What’s the most important thing?’ Jesus’ response is to love, love God with everything that you have and then love those around you in the same kind of way. Jesus doesn’t separate loving God and loving others. For Jesus, everything hangs on these two. And so the defining mark of a Christian is love.” What’s the most important thing in your life? How does that line up with what Jesus said?
5. What does it mean to love someone with an agenda? Is trying to convert someone to your religious beliefs an agenda?
6. Does God love people with different beliefs than you? As much as he loves you? How do you feel about people with different beliefs than you?
7. Do you think it’s possible to scare people into loving God?
8. What are some general negative perceptions of Christians out there? Are the negative perceptions of Christianity caused by what we believe or how we’re living? Are you doing anything to change the negative perceptions?
Choose a group that works with your schedule: