Watch the video
During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.
When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said and cried out
in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him.
“You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
1. Bell says, “I want to be the kind of person who does the right thing. And I don’t just mean the big things where right and wrong are obvious and easy, but I mean the small things. The subtle, unnoticed things.” Why are the “small and unnoticed” things such a big deal?
2. Do you consider yourself a disciple of Jesus Christ? Have you ever thought about Jesus as your rabbi?
3. Have you ever thought about your faith as being an interpretation? Is it okay to have different interpretations of the Scriptures?
4. What message was Jesus sending us by not choosing the best of the best?
5. Have you ever thought you were one of the “not-good-enoughs”?
6. How big of a role do your insecurities play in your life? Do they ever affect your faith?
7. Do you believe that God believes in you?
8. What does it mean to be like Jesus? Can you do it?
Choose a group that works with your schedule: