Watch the video
Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father who created all the lights in the heavens.
He is always the same and never makes dark shadows by changing. James 1:17
I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed. Jeremiah 29:11-14
Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg,
will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! Luke 11:11-13
1. We always want something, don’t we? Something that would make us happy, right? What is it for you?
2. Do you feel like you often don’t get the things you really want? Do you feel like God’s denying you these things or maybe like he’s not even listening to you?
3. Have you ever been mad at God for not giving you what you’d asked for? Is it okay to question God?
4. Have you ever felt like God did come through for you? If so, how?
5. If you got everything you asked for in life, do you think you’d be happy?
6. Do you see your life as part of a bigger picture, a larger story?
7. Have you ever felt unsure about an important decision in your life and trusted God to lead you in the right direction? How did that turn out?
8. Do you believe God is good? Always?
Choose a group that works with your schedule: