We have received to-date 3 year commitments and gifts of $3.45 million. These commitments make it possible to move forward to accomplish the primary goals of maintenance, sanctuary and organ. Thank you to all who have made a commitment!
Taking Next Steps
What happens next? The building committee and organ committee will develop specific plans and designs that work with the dollars committed. They will prioritize projects, develop more specific design drawings and cost estimates. This work will begin in August and take up the fall. This time of prioritization and design will provide needed information so that the congregation can take specific actions for the organ and the building at the appropriate time.
Late fall of 2017, there will be an information meeting with the congregation about priorities and progress. This will prepare the congregation to take action at the annual meeting in February 2018 on an organ and embracing a more specific set of goals for the building.
Keeping the Course
The council and leadership teams continue to affirm a set of core principles for decision making and action, which have been shared with the congregation throughout the process.
- By God’s grace, we have what we need to accomplish God’s mission.
- Maintain focus on the overall goals and priorities:
- Continue open and vital communication with congregation members.
- The congregation as a body makes the overall decisions about the building. The role of the building committee and council is to gather, sort, and present information so that the congregation can take informed and positive action..
- Keep in balance the cost of projects with dollars raised in each phase.
- Remember the congregation’s intent at a later time to address priorities for welcome, debt retirement, small groups, and ministry for families, children, and youth.
What is Renewing God’s House?
Renewing God’s House is a three year capital campaign to support the renewal of the sanctuary and building to serve God’s Mission in the heart of the city. Check out the video link and the brochure link below to find out more about this exciting venture.
Making a Commitments
New commitments and gifts for Renewing God’s House will be received throughout the 3 year campaign. You can use the online form or pick up a commitment form from the office or welcome desk. Thanks for Renewing God’s House. We believe now is a great time to say: We are First Lutheran!