Short Outline of Adam's Presentation
Healthy, Happy, Simple
6 Principles to Help Develop Healthy Habits
Social Media Isn't New- we have always navigated social relationships. What is different is the speed, search-ability and reach.
There's no such thing as internet privacy only the perception.
Personalities tend to flip-flop online. Extrovert to introvert online and introvert online to extrovert online.
Where leads to what. Where (public or private) you use social media or media in general leads to what type of media you access.
You are the product. Advertisements and tracking are part of most apps or webpages you visit.
Your family wants to talk about social media.
What do I do?
- Learn together
- Be open about our usage.
- Friend them, but give them space.
- Form boundaries for everyone.
Good Conversations around the dinner table...
2. Adam said that even though social media apps are new, the action of being social is really old. Do you think that matters?
3. How does the idea that personalities flip flop online effect your friendships at school?
4. Adam shared a story about going to a football game with his son. When are times we should turn everything off and just be together as a family?
Twp Dads Walk Into Panera