1. What is your favorite thing about yourself? What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
2. Have any of you thought of yourself as “one who is so loved by God”? Does that change how you see yourself?
3. What do you think is one of the most prominent things in your life that your identity is grounded in? (Family, church, sports, grades, etc…)
4. Why/how can this identity create insecurity?
2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)
17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Romans 5:1-2 (NLT)
Faith Brings Joy
5 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
Ephesians 4:23-24 (NLT)
23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. 24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)
19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
Ephesians 2:8 (NLT)
8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
1. Do you ever wonder if there is something more to life? Why do you think that is?
2. Which of these scriptures stuck out to you? Why?
3. Do these scriptures make you interested in what it means to find your identity in what God thinks of you?
4. According to these scriptures, who are you? What is your identity?
New Living Translation (NLT)
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
What is this?
Each week we will post one or more blogs related to our ministries for High School youth and families. Check back often and leave a comment!