- What does the term “gospel” mean? Define it as much as you can.
- Where have you gotten your understanding of that term?
- If I asked you right now to tell me what the gospel is, what would you say?
- Have street preachers and Christians who talk in a hateful way made you doubt your faith?
- In the video above, Dr. Zacharias said that young people know that, “no matter what you do, no matter how you pursue it, no matter which direction you go you come away empty handed.” Do you see that as being true of most adults you know who seek money, fame, power or status? Why or why not?
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
James 1:26-27 New Living Translation (NLT)
26 If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. 27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
- How do these two scriptures preach really good news?
- Is this kind of abundant and selfless living that you think of when you think of Christianity? Why or why not?
- Of all the Christians you might know, who do you look up to or admire? Maybe there are certain attributes you admire and want to have yourself. What are those?
- Do you sometimes think, “There has to be more to life than this.”? Why do you believe you think that? What might be missing?