We pickup in the Hunger Games story where the last movie stops. Katniss finds herself in District 13 after bringing an end to the Quarter Quell at the conclusion of Catching Fire, Katniss learns that her mother and sister are safe, although the rest of their home district has been destroyed. Katniss struggles to find her identity and is reeling after her rescue from the previous Hunger Games. Throughout this first part of the movie she is trying to reconnect to our identity with District 12 (her previous home), Peeta (who was to be saved) and her new role as the Mockingjay. Identity, who we are and how we are defined by others, is our focus for this first study. (If you are following along at home stop the moving after Effie says, "We will make you the best dressed rebel in history."
1. How would you describe yourself in one word?
2. Where do you find your identity? How is your identity established? (i.e.- School, sports, music groups, friends, community events, home, church)
3. Do you think we change our identities based on where we are or who we are hanging out with? Why or why not?
4. Do you see yourself differently than others see you? Why or why not?
5. What makes someone who they are? Are we only defined by physical traits, actions or skills? Or is there something deeper to our identity?
We hope you'll come back next week for our next set of questions on Identity!
What is this?
Each week we will post one or more blogs related to our ministries for High School youth and families. Check back often and leave a comment!